This is a N00b’s guide to surviving the joyous event that is a LAN Party.
TechLAN Event Dates and Times
To view dates and times of TechLAN events, go to the schedule here.
Recommended items to bring to TechLAN
- Computer or Console
- Monitor (27 inches or smaller)
- Controller (If you’re into that)
- Mouse Pad
- Headphones (No speakers allowed)
- Microphone (Optional, but type-killers show no mercy)
- Power cables
- Ethernet Connection on your Network Interface Card(This is usually provided by your motherboard, ethernet cable will be provided)
If possible, attempt to bring extra equipment, in case of equipment failure or malfunction.
TechLAN is hosted in the Tech Center Ballroom at WVU Institute of Technology. This is located directly across the street to the right of the Vining Library. Please click here to find driving directions from your location to the Tech Center. If the above link does not work, then you can search for Lewis Street in Montogmery, West Virginia using your favorite GPS navigation service. There will be a banner and signs pointing toward the location of the the Tech Center Ballroom once you get to the WVU Tech campus.
- Price: $15
- Ability to attend the event and take part in the tournaments for prizes
- Guarantee to win a prize at the end of the event
- Price: $40
- Includes Early Admission
- An entire table (three standard seats) to yourself
- 27″ monitor size restriction lifted, but displays must stay on a single table
- Limited seats available. Please visit our online store to pay in advance and reserve your spot
Early Entry (Bonus)
- Price: Additional $2
- Ability to attend the early TechLAN event on the Friday before TechLAN beginning at 8:00pm
- Allows you to set your computer or console and monitor up ahead of time and hang out
- The Ballroom will be locked and everyone will be removed at midnight
- Chips, Cookies,Cake, Soda, Meat Trays, Vegetable Trays, and all other refreshments are available to paying attendees ONLY.
Absolutely no refunds will be given for any purchase or fee.
During TechLAN, there will be many tournaments and competitions taking place. These include bracket style tournaments for games like Dive Kick and League of Legends.
However, attendees are encouraged to gather some friends and join up in any game at any time throughout TechLAN. The only exception to this is during the Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive tournaments, during which time, participants will be asked to leave the server in order to allow a fair tournament to take place.
A list of all games that will have tournaments hosted at TechLAN can be found on the Games page here.